Category Archives: Bastrop Radio
10 years of Empty Bowl: Interview with Tresha Silva of Bastrop’s Food Pantry
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/135781435″ params=”color=0066cc&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Tresha Silva, executive director of the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry, talks to us about the features of this year’s upcoming Empty Bowl Project and reflects upon this event’s 10-year history.
Listen in for the full list of restaurants that will be participating in this year’s Empty Bowl Project and be sure to get out Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 (full details below).
Additional music for this podcast by Terry Lyne Moore who will be performing at this year’s Empty Bowl with Hwy South.
The 10th Annual
Empty Bowl Project
February 22, 2014
Saturday, Feb.22 — from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — in the Bastrop High School Cafeteria (1614 Chambers St.).
Tickets are $20, and get you a bowl, plus all the soup and dessert you want to sample. Tickets available in advance here or at the Food Pantry (806 Fayette, Bastrop TX – just south of Pine St). And of course tickets may be purchased at the door.
Bastrop’s Empty Bowl Project is a longstanding partnership among the Bastrop County Emergency Food Pantry & Support Center, the Bastrop Independent School District, restaurants and caterers throughout Bastrop County as well as local artists and businesses.
Interview with Aliya Rosegreen, Austin Actress performing at Bastrop Opera House Feb 14-23
Interview with Aliya Rosegreen, lead actress and producer of Bastrop Opera House production of The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe.
For tickets click: Bastrop Opera House ticket booth
The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe
by Jane Wagner
Originally performed by Tony Award Winner Lily Tomlin
Featuring Austin actress – Aliya Rosegreen
Directed by Chester Eitze
Fridays & Saturdays, February 14, 15, 21, 22 at 8 pm
Sunday Matinees, February 16, 23 at 2:30 pm
In this podcast:
- Aliya talks about being contacted by Lily Tomlin in the early stages of this production
- This play has been in the works for over 10 years in Aliya’s life
- Aliya discusses working with Bastrop Opera House director Chester Eitze
Interview with Olde World Bakery owner Daniel Pacheco and Poet Edward Alexander
We have a sit down interview with Daniel Pacheco, owner of Olde World Bakery in Smithville, TX, and poet Edward Alexander.
Covered in this podcast:
- The event “An Evening with St. Valentine” happening Feb. 13th, 2014 at Olde World Bakery on Main St. Smithville. Doors open at 5:30. Poetry, wine, music, and food.
- Daniel’s transition from his bakery in Bastrop to his new location in Smithville.
- Alex’s novel “Walt Whitman’s Lover” currently being written.
- The Texas Commission on the Arts “Cultural District” award to Smithville and what it means.
- The future of Smithville!
And much more about local news!
- Spoken word is held monthly at the Mary Nichols Art Center in Smithville. 4th Tuesday of every month.
- Olde World Bakery on Facebook.
Bastrop Radio – BETA version is NOW LIVE
Check it out here: Bastrop Radio!
Stay tuned as this project continues to roll out! We are in the very early stages and are making plans to make Bastrop Radio a special part of the culture of Bastrop, TX. For now, enjoy the old time music and look for updates often!